#research #concept design #layout and web development #interactive prototype #social health
madrid en femenino – madrid es feminista
The feminist street map of Madrid. An interactive, global and participatory digital project whose challenge is based on transforming the urban space to give voice and visibility to the women who made history. It proposes an alternative feminist version of your destination, using the Googlemaps street map as a base, together with the possibility of reading and visualising the events associated with this name. We take the city as a foundation and its communicative totems to establish a dialogue with its citizens, expanding the collective memory.
visit the website
Social project based on the construction of an alternative information layer on the GoogleMaps street map to provide women’s stories based on location searches. Read, see, participate and listen as you make your way to your final destination.
Strategic and design decisions
- using GoogleMaps as a starting point
- creating a layer of information over the street map allowing at any time to return to the toolkit as a guide to avoid getting lost
- linking biographies readings within Wikipedia of women /Wikimujeres
- working with chosen duotone to enhance the brand in images and design elements externally and within the application itself, reinforcing the brand identity
- using augmented reality as a means to expand the existing background information on elements such as monuments or specific locations in the city.
Colour of passion and energy, power and action. It blends in and catches the eye.
Symbolises power and nobility. It associates with femininity, contrasting with orange or coral red.
The logo represented by the letter F (feminine) within a circle enclosing the space metaphorically expressed by the environment itself.